What is PTK Edge?
PTK Edge is a self-paced, professional development course which provides five different types of edges. Available exclusively to Phi Theta Kappa members. Use your Phi Theta Kappa username and password to access it online at portal.ptk.org by clicking here.
1. Employment Edge: Is a self-paced professional development course with a primary focus of preparing participants to successfully enter the workforce. It provides coaching on the actions participants need to take to achieve employment success.
2. Competitive Edge: is a self-paced professional development course that teaches students essential workplace skills. Students will learn how to think critically, advocate for themselves, communicate effectively, operate as part of a team, and conduct themselves professionally in the workplace.
3. Research Edge: is a self-paced, interactive curriculum that teaches students the basics of academic research. The course also prepares students and advisors to begin work on Honors in Action projects.
4. Healthcare Edge: is a self-paced professional development course that prepares students for a successful transition from their specific academic healthcare program to employment in the healthcare field.
5. Transfer Edge: is a self-paced, interactive online course to prepare students of all backgrounds to successfully transfer from a two-year college to a four-year college.
In addition to the benefits listed above, all members can request a personalized Letter of Recommendation for employers, scholarship providers or admissions officials once they have completed one of the five edges. To request the personalized Letter of Recommendation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.